By combining Shopify’s sales tools with Xero’s powerful accounting features, you can streamline your sales, automate financial tasks, and balance your books working smarter, not harder. This dynamic duo has a number of advantages, which I will highlight so that you can start reaping the benefits in your business today.
Automate finance admin
Integrating Shopify and Xero, does require a degree of integration knowledge, but the effort is well worth the time saving and the added gain of invaluable insights. This powerful combination allows you to take control of your finances like never before. Say goodbye to spreadsheets and simplify your Shopify accounting and bookkeeping.
Don’t waste time toggling between multiple platforms and reports, sync Shopify and Xero (there are a few linking options) and you’ll get updated financial records with real-time sales and inventory tracking. Once your Shopify sales data is flowing to Xero, reconciling your sales transactions becomes smoother and super efficient.
Get your data faster
Xero is able to receive your Shopify sales and fees on a daily basis, so you can track revenue real-time. Even better, you can get accurate insights and a business overview at a glance. Your Xero Dashboard & reporting can show you:
- Business performance including income & expenses
- Cash flow forecasts to help you make smart decisions
- Drill down to your gross profit (or loss 😬)
There’s no need to export your Shopify Data to compare because Xero’s got it covered.
Simplify your systems
We’re living in a tech-loving time, but digital clutter isn’t your friend. Using multiple platforms to keep your business operational is messy. Simplify your systems with the dynamic duo, Shopify + Xero.
The features are endless:
- Daily sync options of Shopify sales to Xero
- Visibility of discounts, shipping costs, returns and fees across all sales
- Automatic processing on Shopify payments
- Analytics and reporting customised for your business
- + SO MANY MORE!
And it doesn’t stop there. Shopify and Xero have a lot of friends in the right places, which means you have access to add-ons and tools to simplify the back end of your business. Browse the Xero App Store for the latest offerings – and see which ones are best for YOU.
Shopify Integration by Xero is a great way to simplify your bookkeeping. It syncs your Shopify data with Xero, so you can spend less time on bookkeeping and more time growing your business.
Here’s how it works:
- Connect your Shopify store to your existing Xero account (or get setup here)
- Need our step by step training video to set up Xero?
- Work out the best integration options for you and follow the on-screen instructions to set up your data.
- Sit back and relax while Xero takes care of the rest!
Shopify Integration by Xero can help you with the following:
- Track your sales and expenses in one place.
- Get real-time insights into your business performance.
- Generate financial reports automatically.
- Pay your bills on time.
- Stay compliant with tax laws.
If you’re a Shopify store owner, I highly recommend checking out Shopify Integration by Xero. It’s a great way to save time and money on bookkeeping, so you can focus on what’s important: growing your business.
Points to consider
While the integration of Shopify & Xero offers numerous benefits, it would be remiss of me not to mention it’s essential to exercise caution and consider the following points to ensure a seamless experience.
- Setup Precision – integrations need to be configured correctly to work effectively. Incorrect settings can lead to more problems and inaccurate data, so make sure your integration is set up meticulously
- Professional Guidance – integrations, though powerful, may not always be the *best* option for everyone. Consider consulting a professional who specialises in e-commerce to support you and verify your settings. This step can help you avoid issues such as duplicated sales, incorrect taxes and complications with clearing accounts
- Data Accuracy – while automation is a significant advantage, keep an eye on your data to ensure it’s accurate and consistent.
- Additional tools – as I’ve touched on earlier, you can explore other add-ons and tools through both the Shopify & Xero app stores to further streamlines your business. These tools, when used well, can enhance your efficiency and provide tailored solutions perfect for you and your needs
Say goodbye to tedious tasks and hello to simplified bookkeeping. Unleash the power of Shopify and Xero, while keeping in mind these essential points for a smooth experience. With professional support, meticulous setup and a watchful eye, you’ll maximise the benefits of this dynamic duo, while avoiding potential pitfalls.
Enjoy your Shopify & Xero journey, with confidence and take control of your finances!