Today, we’re diving into a topic that might seem a little dull at first glance, but is absolutely crucial for safeguarding your personal and business data. Having seen my own clients fall victim to cyber crime, I encourage you to pay close attention as I take you through some cyber security essentials for your small business.
Cyber crime is evolving rapidly, and criminals are becoming savvier in delivering their scams by the day. The repercussions can be catastrophic, often resulting in irrecoverable financial loss. In this episode, I run through some types of cybercrime to be aware of, including:
– Malware: Malicious software designed to infiltrate your digital world, monitor activities and steal personal information.
– Ransomware: Encrypts and locks your files, demanding a ransom for their release.
– Phishing and social engineering scams: Deceptive emails or messages containing fake links to compromise your accounts and passwords.
Thankfully, there are actionable steps you can take to protect your business. Things like conducting a cybercrime risk assessment, strengthening your passwords with unique codes and multi-factor authentication (MFA) can greatly help strengthen your security.
By taking proactive steps and staying informed, you can safeguard your personal and business data against the ever-evolving landscape of cyber threats. So tune in and learn how you can stay cyber-savvy, protect your assets and ensure your peace of mind in today’s digital world.
- Small Business Cyber Security Guide here
- Join the waitlist for The Bookkeeping Matters Blueprint here
- Join my Numbers List for small business news, fun & helpful tips here
- Grab some FREE Resources here
- Check out my blog here
Connect with Lisa Turner: