Today is Part 2 of my financial tips that I’m sharing to help creative entrepreneurs thrive in their businesses. Last week we explored some practical solutions to help mitigate the overwhelm that can come with numbers. We also tackled things like time audits, tracking expenses, focusing on the important metrics and how it can all impact profitability.
So jump on over to that episode if you want some juicy tips on how to face your numbers with less dread and a lot more confidence!
In this episode, I discuss ideas you can implement in your business to transform your relationship with numbers, such as:
- Having fun! While most people do not find numbers exciting, it’s a vital part of keeping things running smoothly in your business, as well as creating growth. I suggest ways to make numbers more fun, and talk about shifting your mindset so that you can turn stressful tasks into opportunities to celebrate your success.
- Educating yourself: While engaging professionals like bookkeepers and tax agents who really know their stuff is ideal, not everyone is at the point in their business to do so. That’s why it’s important to empower yourself to get educated on the money side of things. I run through different resources as budget-friendly options that can help you learn more about your finances.
- Engaging professionals: If you are in the stage of your business where you’re able to hire the experts, I encourage you to work with those that specialise in creative industries like yours. They’ll be able to understand the nuances of your field and provide valuable insight. They can also assist with things like automating processes or sending out invoices, allowing you to focus on what you do best.
- Automation: Now this is a game-changer for creative entrepreneurs. If there’s a task that is bogging you down or stealing your focus, ask yourself: can I automate it? There’s going to be an array of different options out there to automate the jobs you don’t want to do. Utilising your accounting software or other programs can cut down on a lot of unnecessary steps.
There are so many ways you can make your financial management more enjoyable. And remember, we’re all unique, and we all require different processes.
I encourage you to take something you’ve learnt and see if it works for you. If it doesn’t, try something else. It’s time to go test things out!
- Blog post: Here’s How To Make Numbers Fun In 2023
- Podcast episode: Why it’s crucial to automate your invoicing
- Course: Bookkeeping Matters Blueprint waitlist
Join us in the Accounted For You Numbers Club on Facebook here
Join my Numbers List for small business news and fun, helpful tips here
Download the FREE New Biz Checklist here
Download the FREE P&L Generator here
Check out my blog here!
Sign up for the waitlist to Bookkeeping Matters Blueprint here
Connect with Lisa Turner: